Tuesday, May 09, 2006

D'ni Filk

From Julian Lapis:

The very model of a Cavern Representative

I am the very model of a Cavern Representative
Most consider me to be all knowing and articulative
I know the kings of D’ni and locations geographical
From Kerath’s Arch to Ae’gura in order typographical

I’ve travelled all the journeys and have studied Yeesha’s lifelong path
And turned the tables on a scary hammer wielding psychopath
I’m capable of solving every riddle D’ni ever had…
Whilst humming all of Ryan’s songs without going completely mad!

(Whilst humming all of Ryan’s songs without going completely mad,
Whilst humming all of Ryan’s songs without going completely mad,
Whilst humming all of Ryan’s songs without going completely-pletly mad!)

I can calibrate and activate the Zero single handedly
And trap a crazy father without getting shot repeatedly
The point is most consider me quite friendly and attentive
This is why I am the very model of a Cavern Representative!

(The point is most consider him quite friendly and attentive
This is why he’s the very model of a Cavern Representative!)

I know precisely what is meant by Shorah and Korfah V’ja
And have tumbled through a fissure made entirely of shiny stars
I did not fall for Sharper’s tricks or Esher’s random mutterings
But watch intently all of Lewin’s monetary flutterings

I’ve trawled a dying world to help a young lass return to her home
And battled wits with Bahro using nothing but a lump of stone
I’ve spun inside a marble, trying to hold on to my sanity…
Not mentioning my conflicts with a brother’s inhumanity!

(Not mentioning his conflicts with a brother’s inhumanity,
Not mentioning his conflicts with a brother’s inhumanity,
Not mentioning his conflicts with a brother’s inhumani-manity!)

In fact it could be said my D’ni knowledge is exemplary
Quite simply put, the very best of this modern century
The point is most consider me quite friendly and attentive
This is why I am the very model of a Cavern Representative!

(The point is most consider him quite friendly and attentive
This is why he is the very model of a Cavern Representative!)


Julian, you are the man.

1 comment:

Deg said...

That is insanely awesome!